Tuesday, August 26, 2014

His

Sometimes, we get so lost in the world, so caught up in what others want us to become, that we forget about ourselves.
And even more importantly, we forget about Heavenly Father, and what He wants us to become. Or rather, WHO he wants us to become.
Sure, we can be a doctor, or a lawyer, or an electrician. But that doesn't matter to Heavenly Father. What matters to Him is that we are healers, peacemakers, and examples. That we go out of our way to help those who are lost or hurt. Our Father commands us to be merciful and forgiving, not a judge of others. In Doctrine and Covenants section 64, verse 10, it says, "I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." We are told to be spiritual electricians. The Lord wants us to shine our own light. "Let your light so shine before men,  that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
We each have our own unique talents, and our own challenges. Our own family, friends, and peers. And it's for a reason. We all belong to a loving Father in Heaven, who knows us by name. "I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." 1 Nephi 21:16. Our brother Jesus Christ chose to keep the nail prints in His hands and feet instead of receiving a perfect, unmarked body, for that purpose alone. So that we could be engraved on His hands. Because He loves us.
We are His. "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will stand as witnesses of God, at all times, and in all things, and in all places, as we strive to live the young women values." The Young Women theme that is stated each week reflects the desire we should each have to become closer to Christ.

"I am the daughter of a king who is not moved by the world, for my God is with me and goes before me. I do not fear because I am His."

I want to be like Christ. He has given me guidelines and qualities to develop. I know that I am His. My favorite scripture says, "Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me. And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost." Doctrine and Covenants 50:41. I have no reason to be afraid, because God is watching over all. He has given us to His Only Begotten Son, to watch over us and protect us. We will not be lost. Remember, our Shepherd is one who will leave the ninety and nine to bring the one back to the fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment